August 14, 2010

Perfect Balance

I suppose that this guy subscribes to the theory that if one team flag is good, then ten team flags are AuburnTruck even better! When I saw this truck in the mall parking lot, I couldn’t help but laugh—in fact, as you can see, I even stopped and took the time to get a picture of it with my Blackberry. Now before anyone starts to throw stones at me in support of this guys enthusiasm; yes, I am a college football fan and yes, I do pull for my favorite team. However, I am suggesting that this may be just a bit out of balance. Which is why I chose to blog about this guys choice of truck decorations.

I really wonder just how important his favorite team is to him. Do they come before his wife and kids? What has his team done for him to cause him to be so loyal? Did they die for him? Did they offer him a better life? I doubt it. That is the reason I believe that balance is so important to us. It is something that we all need in our personal lives. In fact Jesus established what perfect balance should look like in Matthew 22:37-39, 'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.'  38 This is the first and greatest commandment.  39 A second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' I realize that this is a tall order. It is so easy to allow our hectic schedules and busy lifestyles to overrun our established priorities and totally forget what is really important in our lives. That is why we should daily remind ourselves to stay focused and maintain proper control of all our relationships.

What about you? Is your life in balance? If so, why not share with us how you are able to maintain that balance. If not, let us know how we can help you or encourage you to maintain a proper balance. When we do have perfect balance in our lives, all of our relationships, responsibilities and realities seem to work together to bring real peace into our lives.

No comments: