July 18, 2008

...pure...

I received a phone call the other day from a Red Cross volunteer asking me to donate blood. I receive these calls from time to time because I have given blood in the past; however something this volunteer said to me really caught my attention. He said, "Has anyone ever told you that you have extremely pure blood?" He continued by saying that the purity of my blood was found in less than 5% the people in this nation. He also said that due to it's purity, my blood could be given to small babies and cancer patients without any hesitation. Now maybe he was feeding me a line just to get me to come on out and donate; but what he said prompted my thoughts concerning the purity of my heart.

If out of the heart comes my words, actions and lifestyle; then my prayer is that my heart be as pure as my blood. For if my heart has that level of purity, then just like my blood, my heart can be given to babies and cancer patients. In other words, what comes out of my heart will not harm anyone and just maybe from out of my heart I can actually help others. That's what a Christian leader is supposed to do, right? Help and not harm, speak life and not death, fan the flame of vision and not throw water on dreams.

God help us to be encouraging leaders by speaking life, vision and hope into the lives of those we lead. Amen!

No comments: